Things to do in Toledo
There is a long list of adventurous things to do in Toledo. It is well known as the state of glass making and offers amazing activities. You can carry out lots of adventure activities here anytime. Many parks offer free entries for kids and all the places of interest are filled with exciting activities and things to do in Toledo. Here one can find some of the top spot areas of interest and the activities and things to do in Toledo.
1. Visit the Toledo Museum of Art: It is a complete entertainment for fun family activities. Also it offers great range of things to do in Toledo for artistic persona. They can come and enjoy the creativity and imagination at display. Beautiful prints, sculptures, paintings and furniture are the highlights. The glass pavilion is the most recent and most liked.
2. Explore the Fossil Park: This fossil park in Sylvania is amazing among the things to do in Toledo. Here you are free to explore the park and find fossils on your own. You can even take some to your home. So start digging for hidden treasures. This place is mostly loved by young paleontologists.
3. Visit the Toledo Zoo: the zoo of Toledo is amazing and you can carry out a complete tour of the zoo and meet some of the amazing animals and nature creations of living things. Explore and learn about our friendly animals. The most renowned are the Hippo aquarium, kingdom of apes and the Primer forest. The zoo houses about 5300 animals.
4. A visit to the Toledo Firefighters Museum: The fire fighters museum provides fire education tips and facts every week for kids to learn. The fire fighting skills are enjoyable and vital for one and all. You can explore the old pumps, ladder trucks and uniforms here.
5. Visit the Cedar Point in Sandusky: This is a world class amusement park in the state of Ohio. There are fun things to do in Toledo which one can know from the Cedar point itself. The roller coasters, the Camp Snoopy, family shows, Planet Snoopy and various other kids’ area make this place a worthy one to spend time. This is enjoyable all the year round.
6. See a program at the Valentine Theatre: The theatre provides amazing things to do in Tampa and you can explore the renovated theatre or watch different programs organized inside the theatre. It is 108 years old theatre and is the cultural center for North West Ohio.
7. Catch a Maumee River cruise: At the Jefferson Street Dock, you can board an amazing cruise. Various fun parties and educational trips are carried out on the exotic cruises. This is for the period from May to October. Book them at the apt time.
8. The Toledo Farmer’s Market: This is a local farm products market and can be a good spot to enjoy with the family. Here you can learn and try buying the healthier food choices suited for you. Enjoy the coffee from Flying Rhino Coffee with your family.
9. Maumee Bay State Park: In Oregon area of Ohio, you can carry out things to do in Tampa with the trails for enjoying a walk, go golfing, try swimming, and various other fun activities. Also there is the Nature center to enjoy the area. Here you can select skiing, ice skating and enjoy your mornings.
10. Explore the Fort Meigs State Memorial: Fort Meigs is one of the largest wood-walled forts belonging to the North America. It stands on the banks of the Maumee River. The architecture and the canon batteries add to the magnificent look of the Fort.
11. Go skating: Hit Ottawa Park for outdoor ice skating with your loved ones or go skating for different skating things to do in Toledo at the Ohio Skate and Swanton Coliseum which offers roller skating year round.
12. Toledo Symphony Family Concert Series: One great place for the music lover things to do in Toledo to enjoy good concerts of Symphony.
13. Toledo Botanical Garden: it is a beautiful garden and open space where you can relax and enjoy the different theme gardens. Some of them are the Shade garden, the Herb garden and the Vegetable garden.
14. The Butterfly House: it is located near the Ohio Whitehouse. This is a wonderful park that provides the onlookers a beautiful sight of hundreds of butterfly species in the garden. 15. Libbey Factory Outlet: it makes no sense if you miss out the Libbey Glass Factory outlet in the glass capital of the world, Ohio. You can find elegant pieces of glass work here. The outlet is located in the heart of the downtown.
Toledo in Ohio is a great place for attractions and fun filled parks and museums. Enjoy the beautiful glass works and make your tour very special.